I'm going to start this out positive right now...I got up and actually went to class today!! That's right, I was on time even. Though that's usually not hard for me here. Back at ISU yeah I may or may not have been late almost every day to my first classes....but that's because they started right on the dot or 5 minutes before class should ACTUALLY start. Here, they have the whole academic quarter thing working for me. Usually teachers and professors show up to class at least a quarter past. It's great. I leave my house 10 till and make it there thanks to Valenbisi with plenty of time, even if I had to search high and low for a place to park it.
After class I went and bought envelopes since the letter I wrote Elder Ben has just been sitting in my notebook the past who knows how many weeks, and with him going back home soon, I need to get that thing stamped and sent! Oh, that's what I forgot to go find and buy, stamps. So tomorrow, that is my goal, get that thing SENT.
Also, I bought a book for one of my classes at the Philology Faculty. It cost me 4 Euros. Now that's what I call a bargain!! The most expensive one I had to buy was 13 Euros which SO many people complained about. Seriously people. My life would be so much better if 13 Euro books were the case in the U.S. Pretty legit here wont lie.
Valenbisi time!!!!!
I took a nap and watched cool Spanish tele today too!! It was some sort of medieval soap opera thing going on.
I went to my night class as well, though I will say I didn't pay as much attention in that class. Some heated debate started about the state of Spain when our professor asked us about the state of Argentina. I zoned out as some students repeated themselves WAY too much.
I walked home, thinking it would be nice to walk through the Jardin de Real slowly smelling the pretty orange trees, but my hopes and dreams got shattered when they had already locked one of the gates! But the one next to it was open. :) So I thought, okay well there are gates on the other side, and its 9:00p.m. and the Jardines don't close until 9:30p.m. I can just skip through the open one and make my way out on the other side! SHORTCUT!...bad idea captain. bad idea. I walked to the other end, to find locked gates. So I started panicking a little. OMG what if they closed the one open gate while I walked all the way to the other side??!!? What is my escape route?!?! Or instead of escape, do I just try to last the night out here?!? With the hobos and stray cats, and who knows what else...Seriously. Almost hyperventilating. Overreacting a little? Maybe. So I got back to where I came in from, where they had pretty much closed the gate, but hadn't locked it yet. whew. close call man. close call. I snuck through and took the LONG way, which I should have done in the first place.
I made some interesting dinner. Natacha had invited me to go eat some sort of French named dish at her place, but alas, her power went out for a looooooooooong time, so she changed her mind and said I should come a different time. So i conjured up some random stuff....Couscous, with a stir fried mixture of garlic, carrots, tomatoes, corn, and some avocado. Not bad, if I do say so myself. Good thing it didn't suck too much cause that's what I'm eating tomorrow too!!
I can't wait for Kim to get here! I want to try out some recipes when she's here. It's a lot more fun to make food for not just you. Cause that can just be sad sometimes. And you can only give yourself so much praise before people look at you weirdly. I also am thinking I'll make some homemade rootbeer for all of my European friends!!! I'm such a devil. They'll "love" it. :)
Now it is apparent that I am just rambling.
kthxbye!
No comments:
Post a Comment