Okay not really.
Not just yet.
But I was just listening to that song.
Anyways. UPDATES. I got some.
Friday=did nothing. went to class, studied. chilled. the end.
Saturday was a study day! Well, kind of. Jonas and I chilled at Starbucks for 3 hours reading. Got some stuff done. And then we went and ate lunch and watched a guy get punched in the face. It was kind of awesome. We were sitting in Plaza de la Virgen just soaking up the sun, when some guys by us were arguing. The one guy (for storytelling purposes let's call him 1) was yelling at the other guy (2) (creative, I know) and started pushing him. Then 1 decided that he was so cool and so strong that he took of his shirt and stood in a boxing stance, while 2 looks him in the face, walks towards him, and punches him right in the face. End of fight. But 1 kept telling him how much of a bad fighter 2 was or something like that. And his nose was really bloody. 1 tried calling the police on 2, though that's stupid, since it's his fault. Anyways. Pretty action-packed.
Sunday was EPIC!
I went at 9 a.m. to meet up with the Happy Erasmus group to go to a city called Alcoy. They have an awesome festival every year about the Moors and Christians with people dressing up and doing battle reenactments and such, so we headed there to go check it all out. Natacha came and her friend Silje from Norway. She is SO awesome! I had no idea. I mean I knew she was cool, but I got to know her a lot better on this trip. Some of Natacha's friends also took a car and met us at Alcoy. We got there and lost out group of 40 or so Erasmus students almost instantaneously, which we figured would happen. So we got there at the beginning of the parade of the Christians. They were all dressed up like knights and medieval people. They had awesome bands playing and everyone was throwing confetti down on the streets from the buildings up above the parade. It was so neat. The streets were COVERED. We had lunch at a little park and walked around. We walked up to one street and saw some of the floats before they were finished. :) The parade for the Moors was later in the afternoon at 5, so we hung out and walked around until then. I wish I had had a costume! They were so cool.
We went and got a place to stand for the parade in the middle of the Plaza de EspaƱa where they also had put up a castle in front of the cathedral.
OH MY GOSH.
The parade was AWESOME. It was all Arab stuff. All the costumes and decorations and stuff. You guys know me. I love that kind of stuff. I was in heaven. The parade was suppose to last 4 hours. And it was 203948987--0389074234 times better than a Pocatello parade or any other parade I've ever seen. No candy though. hahaha.
There were so many amazing things!
CONFETTI!
guy in the Christians parade. Props man.
Seriously. Aladdin anyone?
There were dancers.
There were huge drums.

There were cool swords!
There were dressed up horses.

There were CAMELS!! MY FAVORITE! CAMELS!!!!!!! YES!!!!!
AND THERE WAS A FIRE BREATHER!!!
Sorry. I didn't get a picture of the fire breather. So You'll just have to imagine. okay?
I seriously felt like I was in Aladdin. Where Prince Ali comes into Agraba with the huge parade behind him. Seriously. Epic. Made my day. My year. My life. hahaha
But then it started to rain. A little. And then a lot. I wore the wrong type shoes >:'( so my feet were soaked. We had to leave early because of the rain. Poor people in the parade. They worked so hard on it to have the weather be crap near the end. We got something to eat at a bakery and left. Good thing I wore my rain coat!!!! So we rode the bus back and I biked back to my house. :)
Awesome day.
Today I studied. 'Nuff said.
Anyways, hope you enjoyed my pictures! But I enjoyed the day much more no matter what you say ;)






No comments:
Post a Comment