Today I woke up and Natacha and I decided we wanted to go on a little adventure, so we hopped on the metro and went on one that lead to a place called Rafaelbunyol. We had no idea what was up there, it took us north of Valencia, and we decided to just wing it. We decided to get of at a random stop and start walking around. It was a nice little town with a pretty church. I wish I had brought my camera. Why did I not bring my camera this one day??! Oh well. So we thought we were pretty close to the beach, so we started walking on a road towards the beach. And we were walking, and walking, and walking, and walking. oh and walking some more. Then we hit a dead end when the road we were taking in the middle of nowhere ended up leading us to the freeway and being fenced off...so we walked until we found an overpass that lead us to the small town called La Pobla de Farnals. It had some really pretty apartment buildings with mosaics on the sides and a nice boardwalk with a little port. Very quaint with a very different feel than the beach in Valencia that we usually go to. We stayed there for a little while, but then decided we'd better get walking again since it took us so long to get there. It took us over an hour to walk back to Massamagrell where the metro was. We got to the station at half past 8. We then got on and realized the place to scan your metro ticket had been in a building below the waiting place, not next to where you wait for the metro, but we entered anyways and figured it wouldn't be a big deal...Well one of the guys who get on the metro to check that you have scanned your tickets came in through the door...If you get caught not paying for your ride or scanning your card, you get fined 50€. So we were freaking out. We didn't want to pay the money, but we probably were going to have to if he wasn't lenient about the situation. But for some reason or another he went the opposite direction of us and was checking the tickets of everyone in the front half of the metro, so on the next stop, Natacha and I got off. Man, too scary. We didn't want to look suspicious either because the ticket checker got off too!! So we walked around and sat down at a cafe and ate some dinner and watched the soccer game on the tele because Valencia was playing. Holy crap, the burger I got had so much stuff on it. Egg, ham, bacon, hamburger, cheese..etc. Such a heavy burger man. We had some calamari and nachos and bread with a good tomato sauce as well with it. We then realized that the metro closes altogether at 10 and it was 9:50, so we paid for dinner and left. Thankfully we got what appeared to be the last metro, but the building where the scanner machines were was closed. So we were scared again that the checker guy would come on and make us pay money. In the end it all worked out. We got off at our stop, Alameda, and grabbed a Valenbisi back to our apartments, and it started pouring rain. We were riding our bikes in the pouring rain, even with some lightning!!! in the distance. haha it was quite the adventure for the day let me tell you. Yay. Much better than just sitting at home during our break. :)
"If adventures do not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad" — Jane Austen
Thursday, April 5, 2012
A good dose of adventure
So Natacha yesterday came to my apartment and made me get out of my bed. I was so lazy. We talked about how we should have planned to do something this week since we have no class but for some reason we had not planned anything. Really? I have no idea why we did not try to plan anything. Anyways, we looked some stuff up and ALMOST were spontaneous enough to catch a bus the next day and just spend some time in whatever city we could get to the cheapest. In the end though, we decided that the weather was bad everywhere not just in Valencia and so we wouldn't be able to enjoy it as much as we could if it was sunny and we went to a beachy town. We ended up going to her house though and she made me dinner (a casserole with a layer of beef, corn, and mashed potatoes) and we ate churros with chocolate :) Delicious!! I went home and had so much energy though...man. I danced around my apartment singing and listening to music, I did some pilates, and I talked to the family on Skype...I ended up going to bed at 6 a.m. just because of my silliness!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A memorable, serendipitous, day. A nice friend to share it with. Remember when we were in Munich and Scott wanted to just wander around? It started to rain and we found that wonderfully amazing and very large museum in the multi-story building. That was fun.
ReplyDelete